Monday 29 June 2015

A new kind of swing



Phew, it's a scorcher... Summer is here with a vengeance it seems, and I am taking full advantage of the glorious weather in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers [I'm off an extra day - mainly to recover from the excesses of Saturday's Gay Pride.]

To celebrate the sunshine on this Tacky Music Monday, what better than tomorrow's birthday girl Miss Lena Horne with something a bit Brazilian?


Have a good week, folks!

Lena Mary Calhoun Horne (30th June 1917 – 9th May 2010)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know - the beds are visibly taller day by day! And that Hollyhock shows no sign of stopping at eight feet... Jx

      Delete
  2. Love those yellow marigold gloves in the video.
    Jazz Hands a la Wilkinsons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mammy's "Boogie-Woogie Washing-up" indeed... Jx

      Delete
  3. There used to be an old tramp in Norwich called Marigold, he used to direct the traffic with yellow washing up gloves on and push an old shopping trolley through the street

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope he didn't look like Lena Horne, too. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]