Saturday 13 June 2015

Arise...





..."Sir" Kevin Spacey! [Well, actually a KBE - an honorary title because he's American, but we won't quibble...]

In the Queen's Birthday Honours 2015, Mr Spacey, outgoing artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre, was among another glittering array of awardees, including Sir Lenny Henry, Sir Karl Jenkins and Sir Van Morrison.

Commanders of the British Empire (CBE) include Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Paddington Bear author Michael Bond and Rugby player Jonnny Wilkinson. Awarded Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) were, among others, Michael Ball, Patti Boulaye, Martin Clunes, Lesley Manville, Steven Moffat and Eddie Redmayne.

Gongs-away! And here is Mr Spacey himself to sing for us in celebration:


If you're wonderin' what I'm askin' in return, dear
You'll be glad to know that my demands are small
Say it's me that you'll adore
Yeah, it's me that you'll adore for now and evermore
That's all!


Queen's Birthday Honours

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]