Sunday 21 February 2016

I hate nice



It's the seventieth birthday of another favourite actress (and friend-of-the-gays) today - the multi-talented Tyne Daly, star of everything from Cagney and Lacey to Terrence McNally's Master Class (which we saw back in 2012); she has won six Grammys, two Tonys, a Golden Globe, and has been inducted into the American Theatre Hall of Fame.

From her recent Broadway show It Shoulda Been You, she sums up my feelings on my last day of freedom before I rise, kicking and screaming, for work tomorrow:


I hate nice
I hate lies
It's befriending a bitch you despise
When you just want to punch her


Indeed.

And, as a bonus - Cagney & Lacy as you never saw them before!



Ellen Tyne Daly (born 21st February 1946)

4 comments:

  1. 70! Wow. She's a pip, and one of my favorite of the Great and Good with whom, once upon a time, I had the chance to work. She was everything one would have hoped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that's you in that photo? I thought it was Sharon Gless... Jx

      Delete
  2. i did enjoy C&L back in the day.
    hearing her say "harv" was always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary to think the series ended 28 years ago. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]