Monday 8 December 2014

Bouffants-a-go-go!



It's not so much a Tacky Music Monday as a "Big Hair Monday" today!



We bade a fond despedido on Friday to the fabulously-named Fabiola (Fernanda Maria de las Victorias Antonia Adélaïda Mora y Aragon), the Spanish Dowager Queen of the Belgians, proudest-of-the-proud Royal bouffant-wearers. {Read a great tribute to the great lady over at Cafe Muscato.]



On Saturday, it would have been the birthday of the be-quiffed and faboo Zeki Müren (who was my very first "exhibit" in the Dolores Delargo Towers Museum of Camp four years ago).

And today (for no reason at all but for the fact I need some cheering up), to assist our passage back into that "lovely" place called the office, here's the fantabulosa Dolly Parton, resplendent in what can only be described as a purple sausage skin, and one of her very biggest wigs, with Love Is Like A Butterfly:


Hope your week is as "soft and gentle as a sigh". I doubt mine will be.

PS Dolly Parton on losing a drag queen contest:
“They had a bunch of Chers and Dollys that year, so I just over-exaggerated - made my beauty mark bigger, the eyes bigger, the hair bigger, everything. All these beautiful drag queens had worked for weeks and months getting their clothes. So I just got in the line and I just walked across, and they just thought I was some little short gay guy... I got the least applause.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]