Friday 6 May 2016

Got my sun-roof down, got my diamonds in the back


It's apple blossom time!

I have been busy (again) lumping around the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers, potting on seedlings, squishing pests, and most of all - enjoying the brilliant sunshine! However, I haven't forgotten that it's the weekend again, and time for a boogie.

Today would have been the 80th birthday of a very influential woman indeed - Miss Sylvia Robinson. Who? I hear you ask...

Well, not only was Miss Robinson one half of the inspirational rhythm and blues duo "Mickey & Sylvia", whose big hit Love is Strange was latterly a hit for The Everly Brothers and Buddy Holly, she also went on to co-found Sugar Hill Records, which launched the "rap" genre on an unsuspecting world. And, in between, she also wrote this - it's that archetypal Studio 54 classic, Shirley and Company and Shame, Shame, Shame!

Get the queen in the cravat...


Don't stop the motion
If you get the notion
You can't stop the groove
'Cos you just won't move
Got my sun-roof down
Got my diamonds in the back

So put on your shaky wig baby
If you don't I ain't comin' back

Shame shame shame on you
If you can't dance too


Such true words. Get your shaky wigs on, babies - and Thank Disco It's Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Your exposed bloom looks ever so lovely dear!!! Our weather has apparently switched sides of the pond. We have had London weather all week, very unusual for us. Enjoy your weekend.Cheers🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to show off my pink bud every now and then.

      It is remarkable that, for a change, we appear to be having a "proper" start to May - mid-20s C at the moment and predicted to get warmer - as opposed to the past few years when it was so damp and cold in Spring that everything appeared to be mouldy... Let's hope it stays like this till September. Singapore Slings all round! Jx

      Delete
  2. Gracious, Shirley certainly is out of breath. You have to wonder what had been going on before this take. And that queen in the cravat, sort of a discount version of Donnie Osmond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's probably having an asthma attack from his hairspray. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]