Sunday 1 May 2016

Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack



One of the bloggers I follow, Cookie over at Doing Hard Time in Shaker Heights, is feeling sorry for himself. The eyedrops he's on contain steroids, which means he "can't get no sleep". I was looking for something appropriate(?) to play - such as Faithless' timeless dance classic - when I came upon this instead - excellent orchestrated versions of Insomnia and other choons from the mega-clubbing '90s, courtesy of the BBC Proms 2015 "Ibiza Prom", with DJ Pete Tong and the BBC Heritage Orchestra.

Of course I love it...





Brilliant! I wish I had been there.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful trip down dance land in the 90s. I just listened to India's I Can't Get No Sleep the other night. I miss those days.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 90s had some really great dance numbers - great production, genuine singers, genuine "feelgood factor". Sadly everything these days seems to include either a rapper, a wibbling female, or both, and revolves around having "attitude". Jx

      Delete
  2. That was fabulous. Insomnia is one of my favorite songs, that spooky, echoey melody with a perfectly driving beat. And the orchestra did a great job with it. Also, the conductor is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so impressed by the orchestra, I didn't even notice the conductor Mr Jules Buckley, but he certainly has his charms. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]