Monday 23 May 2016

That's what I call "Art"


Aquilegia in the gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers

As ever, the weekend has disappeared in a blink of an eye - an evening in the pub, a trip to the hairdresser, a day pottering in the garden (at one point dodging a swarm of bees), and it's back to work again...

However, it would have been the birthday today of the wonderful Rosie Clooney, so it's over to her (in an unaccustomed "sexy" role) to cheer us up on this Tacky Music Monday - with a lurid technicolour set and a bevy of high-kicking bar-room showgirls!


Rosemary Clooney (23rd May 1928 - 29th June 2002)

4 comments:

  1. Red & pink - Yuk love Ms Clooney though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I said "lurid technicolour", I meant it... Jx

      Delete
  2. Lovely aquilegias! I have some similar that I keep meaning to show off, but keep getting distracted by cockchafers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely but we are somewhat concerned for their future - the one in the picture is one of several new ones this year, yet we have discovered on an older one already in the garden the dreaded downy mildew. Gardening is a non-stop battle, it seems. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]