Sunday 19 June 2011

That dress, that dress...



"I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful." - Marilyn Monroe

The white Travilla dress worn by Marilyn Monroe in the 1955 film The Seven Year Itch sold for £2.8m at The Debbie Reynolds Hollywood Memorabilia Auction in Los Angeles.

Miss Reynolds, 79, was reportedly in tears as the auction closed.

"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul." - Marilyn Monroe

Read more on the BBC

3 comments:

  1. Probably the most famous dress in the world - and at that price, I fear it will never be mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and you'd wear it so well! Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]