Wednesday 12 March 2014

Shake up the picture the lizard mixture



Timeslip moment again - and once more (as will be my wont on regular occasions throughout this year) we return to those heady New Romantic, big-shouldered, big-haired days of 1984 - and to this very week thirty years ago when there was such as thing as "Duran-mania"...

...and when lyrics such as these were perfectly acceptable.

It is, of course, Duran Duran and New Moon On Monday:


Shake up the picture the lizard mixture
With your dance on the eventide
You got me coming up with answers
All of which I deny

I said it again
But could I please rephrase it
Maybe I can catch a ride
I couldn't really put it much plainer
But I'll wait till you decide
Send me your warning siren
As if I could ever hide
Last time La Luna

I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a fire dance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite
New moon on Monday
And a fire dance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite

Breaking away with the beast of both worlds
A smile that you can't disguise
Every minute I keep finding
Clues that you leave behind
Save me from these reminders
As if I'd forget tonight
This time La Luna

New moon on Monday
And a fire dance through the night
(Fire dance through the night)
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite
(I light my torch and wave it for the)
New moon on Monday
And a fire dance through the night
(Fire dance through the night)
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite.


I love the 80s!

Duran Duran official website

4 comments:

  1. I ADORE the 80s!

    I was such a huge DD fan - and this particular song remains one of my favorites from them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fab song - and as you know, I was a huge fan of the Durannies. I went to see them live on 13th December 1981 at Sophia Gardens Pavilion in Cardiff; that's thirty-three years ago! God I feel old. Jx

      Delete
  2. How cool that you got to see them so early on - I didn't see them until 2004. It was the original line-up with Andy Taylor and Roger Taylor, and they even had the saxophone player they had on their first albums. It was a fabulous concert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In 1981 I also saw Toyah, Siouxsie and Ultravox live. It was a busy year... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]