Monday 14 January 2008

A masterclass in acting



"I'm a bit high maintenance, but it gets your attention. A little hot and cold never hurts."

Yesterday that fabulous actress Faye Dunaway celebrated her 67th birthday.

Three times an Oscar winner (for Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown and for Network), Faye has starred in numerous stupendous films in her four-decade career. My favourites include her raunchy bitch "Milady" in The Three Musketeers with the sexy Michael York, and of course her tour de force as Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest...

But surprisingly I think her role as the villainous witch Selena (with the fab Brenda Vaccarro as her sidekick and Peter Cook as her lover, vs the very wooden Helen Slater in the title role) in Supergirl ranks as my all-time favourite part she has played!


And for sheer villainy the award goes to...


Faye Dunaway on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]