Tuesday 29 March 2011

Let's hear it for them...



I am well overdue a Pick of the Pops selection, and this week it appears to be the turn of the boys!

For a change there are no fierce ruling divas, no bubblegum-pop girlie groups from far-off countries, and no trilling Kate-Bush-wannabees - just testosterone...



Possibly the biggest star in New Zealand at the moment (name another) is a certain Dane Rumble. Yes, he is quite cute in a sheep-shagger sort of way, and no, I don't usually like his kind of music. However this remix of his new single is very catchy indeed!




Blake Lewis was apparently a contender on something called American Idol. Eww! He didn't win. However, this little collaboration number is not bad at all...




A bizarre choice for me I know (please excuse the rapping), but I couldn't resist the "hook" on this new one by the West London bad boy calling himself "Example":




The very lovely "Baker" is very much a new discovery - this is only his his second single. [What is it with these "one-name-artists" these days? His real name is Christopher Charles Baker, according to his website... But he's gorgeous. I'll forgive him.]


Last - and most definitely not least - a recent discovery all the way from the Ukraine, courtesy of Henry over at Barbarella's Galaxy, Mr Max Barskih! I don't care where he's from, he is mine...



Apparently he makes music too.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Loving the remake of Operator...Blake came in 2nd on my Fave show...American Idol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to checking these out later (I already LOVE the track by Mr Barskih, especially the original Ukranian version). I normally stay very far away from anything to to with Idol, but I'll give the track a listen.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]