Monday 19 February 2018

This is a situation not likely to improve



Oh no.

It's back to work time - after a (frankly, exhausting) three weeks away, and I am not looking forward to it one little bit! It's drizzling with rain, the journey to work now involves two buses, not one, and I can safely guess that there will be loads of stuff that has not been dealt with in my absence, that I will need to sort when I get to the benighted office.

I can't even keep my eyes open, let alone anything else, so I dare say I will sit aimlessly clearing out the dross from my inbox all day instead... To help the process of waking up on this particularly awful Tacky Music Monday, what better than the incredible shouty tonsils of the delightful Miss Betty Hutton?


I'm awake now!

Have a good week, dear reader. I won't.

4 comments:

  1. With two buses, you can look forward to trying to time the connection.

    More often than not, bus #2 is pulling out of the station just as I step off bus #1, resulting in a half hour wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, there is not usually such a horrendous gap between buses here in London. Still a bit of a bind, mind you - but at least I have several choices of where to change routes, and each place has loads of shops. So quite handy for picking stuff up on my way to or from work... Jx

      Delete
  2. Do what I always did after a lengthy absence from work: throw it all away (recycling is important) and then, should anyone ask about, point out that it came in while you were gone and therefore have no knowledge what they're huffing about. You might be amazed how rarely anyone asks anything about any of it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that trick off to a fine art: "What email? It must have gone to my Junk folder..." is my mantra. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]