Sunday 21 October 2018

Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone


A self-sown Cleome - usually a late summer flower - which accompanied us in the move and is now 4 feet tall!

It makes a bloody change! We have had the most glorious - and most unexpected in late October - warm, sunny weekend, and both of us have spent a bit of time and effort on the garden, clearing dead leaves, waving bye-bye to more of the annuals that have gone over and replacing them with pansies and violas, general pruning and pottering - and all the while taking pleasure in the fact that everything in the garden is bloomin' lovely...

To reflect the "Sunday mood" in appropriate fashion - and also because the lovely Miss Scarlet has taken them to her heart - here's another brilliant cover by those talented folks of the Postmodern Jukebox, for your delectation:


Fleetwood Mac never sounded so good.

6 comments:

  1. I.LOVE.THEM.

    perfect music for today, sugarpie! ;) it's my turn to cook and I needed a little boost since I still can't drink!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust PMJ to provide a boost, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  2. I love the delicate, exotic/alien insect-like flowers of Cleomes, and your giant looks amazing! I don't like their prickled-haired stems and stalks, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a perfect deterrent to cats and foxes, however, we found... Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh ! I do like a bit of pottering in the garden and Postmodern Jukebox is perfect for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Pottering in the garden days" are fewer and further between in this season - but Postmodern Jukebox carries on! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]