Sunday 28 October 2018

Days of future past?


"Can I do this, or will I look like some sort of gay superhero?"

As I am enjoying a verrrrry slow day - I made the most of that "extra hour in bed", and have just basically mooched about all day: a bit of watering in the garden, a bit of shopping, mainly recovering from the excesses of John-John's birthday bash last night (which ended with me not getting to bed till 2am - which would have been 3am the night before, the clocks having gone back) - I think we need something lovely from those geniuses over at the Soft Tempo Lounge to complement the mood, as it begins to get dark (so early!)...

How about this faboo little trip into the future - as it was envisioned back in 1970 - featuring that cult Gerry Anderson epic series UFO? [Which starred Benedict Cumberbatch's Mum Wanda Ventham!]


Sci-fi-tastic!

[Music: Blue Media by Lee Selmoco Orchestra]

6 comments:

  1. Well I did about two costumes this weekend with one more tomorrow night. Plus one drag show. Im dragging. No pun intended. I needed that track...put in some extra pep today. The clip reminded me of Space 1999 with Barbara Bain and Martin Landau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both shows were creations of the brilliant Gerry and Sylvia Anderson (who also created Thunderbirds, Joe 90, and much more). However, it seems that UFO was beset with production delays and Lord Lew Grade (ITC Entertainments, the show's producer) changed tack after series #1. Apparently: "a possible second series was planned; initially entitled 'UFO 1999', this eventually became 'Space: 1999'." So that explains it. Jx

      Delete
  2. That's my purple wig! I wondered where it got to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off into space on the head of the lovely Gabrielle Drake, indeed... Jx

      Delete
  3. Best soft tempo for ages. I enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]