Monday 22 October 2018

That gay, old-fashioned way



So true.

No sooner was I just settling into the combination of beautiful weather and gentle pottering, when it's time to lurch reluctantly out of bed. In the dark. Again.

Hey ho, on this Tacky Music Monday - just because I heard it played on Moira Stewart's Music 'til Midnight show on Radio 2 last night - we have a song written by one greatly-missed icon Charles Aznavour, but here performed by another - the incomparable Liberace!


Dance in the old-fashioned way.
Won't you stay in my arms?
Just melt against my skin and let me feel your heart.
Don't let the music win by dancing far apart.
Come close where you belong, let's hear our secret song.

Dance in the old-fashioned way.
Won't you stay in my arms and
we'll discover heights we never knew before,
if we just close our eyes and dance around the floor.
That gay, old-fashioned way that makes me love you more.

Come closer, forget about the others.
It's nice to be like this, cheek to cheek,
in the old-fashioned way.
It's funny, but, I have the feeling
that we are dancing as our parents used to do.
Well, maybe they weren't wrong: the world changes, love stays.

Dance in the old-fashioned way.
Won't you stay in my arms
and we'll discover heights we never knew before,
if we just close our eyes and dance around the floor.
That gay, old-fashioned way that makes me love you more.


Nobody did it like him!

Have a good week, peeps...

11 comments:

  1. I can't figure out how these weekend are flying by either. And notice how the week just drags. Tis life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of "drag" - Liberace! Jx

      Delete
    2. The King (or Queen!) of high camp. Damn' good on the joanna, though. And he sent me a Christmas card.Wish I'd kept it...

      Delete
    3. Oh! You simply must tell that story! Jx

      Delete
  2. if I ruled the world, weekends would be 5 days long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had the money, I'd never be in work... Jx

      Delete
  3. I no longer have a regular job, so one day is like the next, but I still can't get over how quickly the weekend passes! My Grandparents LOVED Liberace and watched his show religiously! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was some kind of glittering god, so I am not surprised... Jx

      Delete
  4. I worked for a London hotel where he was a regular guest and he used to send a Christmas card every year. And I happened to be on the desk late one night when he came in .He asked if liked his card.I politely said that his card to the hotel had been appreciated, but I had not received one. Shock! Horror! He was appalled and said he would send me one. And he did. A photograph of his Rolls, outside whichever las Vegas club he was playing at. And a smiling photo inside of Lee wishing me a very merry Christmas and looking forward to seeing me again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fabulous! I definitely would have had that framed! Jx

      Delete
  5. THis man is so sexy and desirable i would have loved to dance with him

    even though he was gay hes still very appealing to a woman

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]