Friday 8 June 2007

Happy birthday, old acid tongue!

"I don't exercise. If God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put diamonds on the floor."

Celebrating her birthday today is the acid-tongued grande dame of the chat show, Joan Rivers!

She has often been compared (unfavourably) to that other wild, brash comedienne Phyllis Diller, but our Joan carved herself a bit of a cult following all her own when her one-woman show came to British screens in the 1980s, and she's been up there at the top ever since - now in her 70s, she even made a spectacular appearance the other week on stage at G.A.Y with Erasure!



Despite with that god-awful plastic surgery, Joan is, and will always be, a classy funny lady and gay idol - I love her!

Joan Rivers on Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]