Wednesday 28 January 2009

"Isn't Dubai in Angola?"



I paid a long overdue visit to one of my old favourite websites "Tube Gossip" - a random collection of things overheard on London Underground journeys - today, and it is still as fabulous as ever.

Here's a recent selection...
  • "I know I shouldn't be gloating at a teen mum's expense but I just hate her so much."
  • "I think she's the friend of a naval officer."
  • "I'm too old for that. I've already done all my rebellion and dressing up."
  • "...and talking of fat, sour-faced, miserable old cows..."
  • "So let me get this straight? You're asking me out on a date so you can get to know my boyfriend?"
  • "Leona Lewis... yeah, she thinks she's sizzling, but she looks like an Afghan Hound."
  • "We wont have time for dinner, so I’ll pick up something in Tesco. Some Flumps or something."
  • "Isn't Dubai in Angola?"
  • "He has more gin than hope these days."
  • "What would you rather save? The whales? Or the banks?"
And my favourite:
  • "It's not racist because chavs aren't a race."
Overheard on the Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]