Thursday 4 September 2014

I'm in nobody's circle



"I've had so much plastic surgery, when I die they will donate my body to Tupperware."

"I have no sex appeal; if my husband didn’t toss and turn, we’d never have had the kid."

"The only time a woman has a true orgasm is when she is shopping."

"People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made."

"I like colonic irrigation because sometimes you find old jewellery."

"A man can sleep around, no questions asked, but if a woman makes nineteen or twenty mistakes she's a tramp."

"My love life is like a piece of Swiss cheese. Most of it's missing, and what's there stinks."

"I'm in nobody's circle, I've always been an outsider."


Farewell, dear Joan. We will miss you.


Joan Rivers (born Joan Alexandra Molinsky, 8th June 1933 - 4th September 2014)

7 comments:

  1. i like that b&w photo you posted. it's always fun to see older shots of her, in progress, where one could spot vestiges of her real, original face.

    i have no right, but i feel like family died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “We all mourn in our own way. I mourn with a great steak.” - Joan Rivers

      Jx

      Delete
  2. I thought she would evolve forever. RIP.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing like Beyonce’s.” - Joan Rivers

      Let's hope she gets her wish. Jx

      Delete
  3. She was a one of a kind. RIP Miss Rivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I wish I had a twin, so I could know what I'd look like without plastic surgery." - Joan Rivers

      I can't imagine more than one... Jx

      Delete
    2. dammit, that would've been great! then we might have still had one!

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]