Sunday 23 December 2018

Even though the prospect sickens, brother, here we go again



As my regular reader will already know, I hate this stupid Festering Season, with all the ugly "festive" jumpers, paper hats, foods you don't want to eat and never would if it wasn't somehow a "tradition" (wtf dates, fruitcake, turkey-and-stuffing, mixed nuts or sweet sherry have to do with any kind of "festival" is beyond me); the forced jollity, tacky decorations, awful music, and people who don't like each other very much all gathering to pretend to be happy...

I'm with Tom Lehrer:


Bah Humbug.

8 comments:

  1. Well I do usually deck the halls with holly and hunks, and we do pull out the Dicken quick frequently.

    I like to decorate and my family drinks...it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you and Tom.
    Happy whatever time you have to yourself/selves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All we're looking forward to is our traditional New Year's Eve house party. Have a good time in all your midsummer glory! Jx

      Delete
  3. The only good thing about Christmas music is that it ends promptly instead of tapering off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cliff Richard's shit Xmas stuff seems to go on for days... Jx

      Delete
  4. I just eat crisps and twiglets, and drink whisky. I don't do the big cooking thing as cooking bores me. I like a tree and a few sparkly bits though.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never decorate (apart from a solitary humbug hanging from a thread of cotton), and our house is sparkly all year round, but somehow we do appear to have a fridge and freezer groaning with food and a cupboard full of booze... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]