Monday, 15 August 2016

Like the beat, beat, beat of the tom tom



After a fabulous fortnight's break, it is time to bite the bullet and accept it - I am not Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham after all. I do, indeed, have to return to work. Oh dear.

However, there is - on this Tacky Music Monday - some respite. After all, who could not be but cheered up by the spectacle of our peerless Patron Saint of Trashy Italiana, Signorina Raffaella Carra, singing a beloved Cole Porter standard, in "Space", accompanied by a bevy of safety gays and other assorted backup clad as (variously) eye-patched robots, glittery space angels, and, most bizarrely of all multiple Aladdin Sanes?

Not moi!

Here's the weirdest interpretation of Night and Day, ever!



If you thought Marika Rokk was weird, think on.

Have a good week, peeps! I won't.

4 comments:

  1. Words fail me, rather fab though.
    Roll on the next holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to live in Raffaella's world... Jx

      Delete
  2. I get more of a contact high from that video, than I do from the pot smoke wafting from my neighbor's patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who needs drugs when you have Italian television? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!