Friday 24 October 2008

A blogger after my own heart

Reading this week's Boyz magazine, I was fascinated to read an article on Trashy Pop by a fabulous Aussie queen by the name of Mike Wass.



His love and enthusiasm for all things cheesy and obscure in the pop world is simply staggering, and I bow to anyone who can increase my breadth of knowledge about such matters of vital importance as Olivia Newton-John's Totally Hot era and the fact that in a thirty year career LaToya Jackson has yet to get a hit record...

Excellent stuff indeed, but the real revelation from this man's encyclopaedic collection of trash - and one that I am going to have to get on a mission to find mor of - is a Spanish act called Las Supremas de Mostoles.

This three-girl singing group have a collective age of about 250, failed to get their song Eres Un Enfermo (You are a Pervert) adopted as Spain's Eurovision entry in 2005, and in the words of Mr Wass on his blog Pop Trash Addicts (which is a thing of beauty and wonder in itself):
"I've come across a wealth of trashtastic talent during my travels but these heavenly beings are truly in a league of their own. Susi, Vicki and Luisi represent everything I love about music. The ladies are irreverent, outrageous and endlessly entertaining. Not to mention the fact that they positively exude glamour and camp appeal from every saggy orifice!"


I never thought I would come across a Spanish singing act who would out-strip the remarkable Las Seventies in the "so bad they're good" stakes! And with that thought, here are some examples of the talents of the ladies themselves...




Las Supremas de Mostoles on MySpace

Pop Trash Addicts Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]