Sunday 8 May 2011

Smash Hits!



I am well overdue sharing another selection of more current music that has caught my ear - however I have separately featured the new singles from both Tina Charles and Kate Bush this week, so what else is out there? [Just don't ask me to mention Beastie Boys or GaGa!]

Here's a woman who could rip Gaga's head off and spit down her neck... A mere three months after I began to rave about this song, here's the fantabulosa Luciana with the official video for I'm Still Hot!


With a distinctly OMD sound and a rather odd "Olympics-meets-Gladiator" themed video (complete with rather well-filled Speedos!), here's the new single from Cut Copy:


Next up, something that is completely off-the-wall - Danish group When Saints Go Machine and the haunting video for their new single...


A charming (and amazingly catchy) new single from Metronomy (all the way from Totnes), with a video featuring what looks suspiciously like hand-knitted seagulls:


This last video is completely beyond all comprehension! The song is mesmerising, though... Prepare yourselves for the San Francisco art project NewVillager:


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. A fun and interesting selection, as always. My absolute fave of the bunch is the Cut Copy song - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]