Friday 17 January 2014

She doesn't care



It may well be a "Betty White Day", but I haven't - of course - forgotten that another party weekend is looming, and thank heavens for it!!

I also have not forgotten that it would have been the birthday today of the magnificent and very sadly missed Eartha Kitt.

So, without further ado, let the Mistress lead the way in the celebrations with the appropriately-titled I Don't Care (with its amazingly camp video) - and Thank Disco It's Friday!


Eartha Mae Kitt (17th January 1927 – 25th December 2008)

Have a great weekend, peeps!

[January is indeed "Diva Month" (Bowie, Bassey, Charo, Pola, Merm, Betty - and Dalida, Dolly, Misha and Tallulah to line up...}]

4 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS Friday song. I adore that song, that video and of course Miss Kitt (as you know). Sadly we can't celebrate her birthday anymore, although I will make sure to raise a glass for her this weekend. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "For with her champagne taste and your beer bottle pocket
      When she couldn't get those dresses
      She just let down all her tresses, and forgot she was a lady after all"


      Happy quaffing!

      Jx

      Delete
  2. I remember this song and thinking, along with several friends, that one of the verses included the timeless line "Some people think that my clit is extreme…." I prefer not to know what the truth might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hers was probably diamond-encrusted. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]