Tuesday 14 January 2014

Living on a dream ain't easy



The year 1984 was a good one in my life - still a fresh-faced ingenue, I embarked on a series of significant changes that made me feel a lot better about my lot. During the next twelve months, I left my first (dreadful) job, enrolled in journalism college, and finally - after years of inner turmoil - in the autumn I came out.

Meanwhile, thirty years ago this week, none of those momentous events had yet come to fruition. But I was (ever so slightly) in lust with Mr Paul Young (and his "Fabulous Wealthy Tarts")...

"Ay-y-aye-y-aye!" Indeed.


Living on a dream ain't easy
But the closer the knit the tighter the fit
And the chills stay away
Just take 'em in stride
For family pride.


Paul Young official website

2 comments:

  1. I almost went to see him in concert over here a year or two ago. Thankfully I didn't, because people were apparently walking out midway through because he just didn't have any voice!

    This song is my favorite of his, still remember when it was popular back when I was just 6 years old...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame he can't get his voice back - apparently he has had recurring problems for years. It still resonates as the first one you hear on "Do They Know It's Christmas"...

      He has been reduced to appearing on Tom Daley's diving contest TV show "Splash" apparently.

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]