Tuesday 24 October 2017

Gonna make you sweat


“I don’t know if my voice was very bad and that’s why I got the ticket, but I was very shocked,” Taoufik Moalla said. “I understand if they are doing their job, they are allowed to check if everything’s okay, if I kidnapped someone or if there’s danger inside but I would never expect they would give me a ticket for that.”
A Canadian man is contesting a C$149 (£90) ticket for "screaming in a public place" after being caught singing in his car.

And the song he was screaming singing along to at the time of his arrest..?


Worth "screaming" along with, in my opinion!

However, the final word goes to Mr Moalla's wife, who apparently said: "If it was for singing, I’d have given you a ticket for $300.”

Read the story on the BBC

4 comments:

  1. I'm grateful this law doesn't exist in the UK otherwise I would be skint.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine? Not that I own a car (being in London'n'all), but I remember one of the best things about driving was screeching along to some half-forgotten nonsense on the radio. Jx

      Delete
  2. It's safer than texting and driving.

    Agree with you that the song is worth screaming along to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phones and "being in control of where one is going" do not mix - whether car, bike or pedestrian... Jx

      PS "Everybody dance now!!!!!"

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]