Tuesday 13 December 2011

My face in the spotlight



Many happy returns (yesterday) to the very lovely Miss Honor Blackman (aka Pussy Galore, aka Mrs Cathy Gale), who celebrated her 86th birthday.

I know I have posted this song before, but it is too wonderful not to be repeated...


Oh such regrets, I've been foolish it's true
I'm the star who fell from grace,
It's how I'll be remembered, if remembered by you.
I've had my chance, I've had my day
No more opening nights, with my name up in lights
On the Champs-Élysées
I've had my dreams, I've had my day
I've had my fame and I've thrown my dreams away

I hid all my torments in life, on stage night after night
My face in the spotlight,
No more curtain calls, all the encores are memories today
I've had my fame, I've had my day
I've had my chance, I could have been one of the greats

Once there were five star reviews, endless press interviews,
But my life, my life was front page news,
Now there is no more applause, I'm no longer adored
There's no star on my door
I'm the star who fell from grace
The star who fell from grace.


Honor Blackman official website

[PS My PC at Dolores Delargo Towers is currently experiencing a virus attack, so blog posts may be a bit erratic over the next few days]

2 comments:

  1. I love this song - I seem to remember reading that it was written for Eartha Kitt but she died before she got a chance to record it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may indeed have read it on this very blog (click the link to my previous entry on Miss Blackman)... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]