Wednesday 21 December 2011

Lost Bowie


A rare David Bowie Top of the Pops performance will be shown on television tonight for the first time since it was originally broadcast in 1973.

It was believed that every recording of the singer performing his hit The Jean Genie had been destroyed.

It emerged last week that one had been found - and it will feature in the Top of The Pops 2 Christmas Special on BBC 2.

The footage was found when retired TV cameraman John Henshall realised he had his own copy of the performance.

The film emerged earlier this month when it was shown at the Missing Believed Wiped event at the British Film Institute in London which celebrates the discovery of long-lost TV shows.
Read more on the BBC.

Can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. I'm out tonight - been out for the last week (dirty stop out, I know) so I'm hoping this will be on iplayer as I'm actually in tomorrow night …

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching the coolness unfold - I'm sure it'll be in iPlayer, though... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was superb, by the way... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I love it when this kind of footage finally emerges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just watched on FB - brilliant Bowie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]