Tuesday 1 May 2012

It all seems like yesterday, not far away



As we celebrate this year the return to top form of "Our Glorious Leader" Queen Madge, with her almost universally-acclaimed MDNA album, that SuperBowl appearance (which apparently drew nearly three million more viewers than the game itself!), and a massive Hyde Park concert in July to boot, so we should cast our minds back twenty-five years this week, when this brilliant song held sway at Number 1 in our charts...


Was I the only one who misheard the lyrics and thought she sang "young girls with eyes like potatoes"? Just sayin'...

La Isla Bonita on Wikipedia

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god! 25 years!

    Hands down my favorite song of all time! I hadn't really realised that it was 25 years since it topped the UK charts - time goes by SO fast!

    I may have to put up my own blog to celebrate - to me, there has never been and never will be another song like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - twenty-five years... I was a mere child.

      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

      Jx

      Delete
  2. and I was an INFANT! One of the greatest songs of All Time...along with BTDYK and Vogue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda know on one hand it must be 25 years ago, 1987 was my first full year in work and also the year I first saw Madonna live … but when you see it written down in black and purple it does still jolt you to think it's a quarter of a century ago - I can remember those events so clearly as it doesn't feel like that long ago …

    We're all getting …. wise :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]