Sunday 20 May 2012

The gayest gay icon?



“I've always taken risks, and never worried what the world might really think of me.”

Diva overload alert!

Today is the 66th birthday of that ultimate triumph of art over nature, Miss Cherilyn Sarkisian, better known as the one-and-only Cher.

An unabashed showgirl from wig to perfectly chaussured foot, after escaping the "folksy" style of her early "Sonny and Cher" days Miss Sarkisian soon established her place as a gay icon - for at least five generations of queens - and shows no sign of stopping now...

1970s:


1980s:


1990s:


2000s:


2010:


Many happy returns to one of the most splendid divas in showbiz - ever!

Cher official website

8 comments:

  1. I am pretty crazy about Cherilyn Sarkisian Bono Allman... that must make me Gay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never tired of "believe".....let's hope she's having something lifted and stretched on this, her day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect she's having a new head fitted as we speak... Jx

      Delete
  3. If only she would hurry up and release that album! It has now been 11 (!) years since "Living Proof"! The album is coming along nicely however and she is planning to go on the road one more time!

    There is no-one like CHER (except me, her twin sister)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you've had ribs removed to maintain your figure, too? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]