Monday 9 July 2012

Sweet and Scary



The pink fairy-dust has settled after a most spectacular Pride weekend! We spent yesterday here at Dolores Delargo Towers resting our tired limbs, and thankfully neither of us is working today.

Nevertheless, this is once again a Tacky Music Monday, and in recognition of that fact here is a remarkably odd video to cheer up those of us who are starting the slog back to work for another week of unbridled joy - it's the lovely Clodagh Rodgers (being stalked by some rather scary mime artistes) with Sweet Sweet Boy:


Miss Rodgers was 65 years old earlier this year, which is a bit of a jolt to the system for those of us who clearly remember her Eurovision appearance with Jack in the Box...

Clodagh Rodgers on Wikipedia

4 comments:

  1. I just watched this last week -- never having heard of Miss Rodgers before -- and here she is again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary, indeed... I am, however, very surprised that you had never encountered Miss Rodgers (and her famous hotpants) before! I know Eurovision isn't huge in the US, but... Jx

      Delete
  2. Sandie Shaw = Puppet On A String, UK Eurovision entry, Clodagh sang Jack In The Box for eurovision but is most probably better known for Come Back and Shape Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! You spotted my deliberate mistake. (Writing a blog before I've had enough coffee, more like...)

      Thanks for that - amended now.

      I am glad to make the acquaintance of a fellow Clodagh fan!

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]