Monday 2 November 2015

A salutory Hallowe'en tale


A pumpkin is wondering why he has been left in the back garden when just two days ago he was really popular.

Hallowe'en pumpkin Tom Logan is rapidly losing hope that being left outside near a wheelie bin is a temporary oversight and he will be taken back indoors.

Logan said: “On Hallowe'en everyone kept saying how great I was and there was this wonderful happy atmosphere. I felt like I’d finally got to where I wanted to be in life.

“Then suddenly they put me outside in the freezing cold. At first I thought it was a practical joke that had gone on a bit too long, but that was two days ago and no one’s come to replace my candle or anything.

“I don’t understand. Did I do something to offend them? Or are they just really false, shallow people who pretend they’re your friends then leave you to go squishy in the rain?”


Logan’s popularity led him to assume he would become a permanent part of the Johnson family who carved him, and he had been looking forward to getting his own room and going on family holidays.

He added: “Frankly the whole experience has left a bad taste in my zig-zag mouth. The Johnsons make out they’re this kind, loving family but really they just use you and throw you away.

“Still, I don’t need them. A group of starlings keeps looking at me so I’ll probably become friends with them instead. Real friends who won’t fuck you over.”
The Daily Mash

Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]