Thursday 26 November 2015

Got my sun-roof down; got my diamonds in the back



Among a raft of birthdays today - including such odd bedfellows as poet William Cowper, "Peanuts" creator Charles M. Schulz, playwright Eugene Ionesco, Pat Phoenix ("Elsie Tanner"), George Segal, DJ Paul Burnett, Shadow Foreign Secretary Hilary Benn, John McVie, La Cicciolina, Jean Terrell and Queen Maud of Norway - one name stands head and shoulders among the rest.

Just today, one of our Patron Saints paid tribute to another, as Cher said:
“Tina Turner was, is, and always will be, a Goddess to me‼️ It's impossible to stand next to her on stage, and not feel a little bit eclipsed.”
Indeed.

And here they are together with Shame, Shame, Shame:


Don't stop the motion
If you get the notion
You can't stop the groove
Cause you just won't move
Got my sun-roof down
Got my diamonds in the back
So put on your shaky wig baby
If you don't I ain't comin' back!


Many happy returns Mrs Tina Turner Bach (nee Anna Mae Bullock, born 26th November 1939)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]