Sunday 12 August 2012

Our little group has always been, and always will until the end





Our gang gathered in force for the annual Birthday Picnic in the lovely setting of Regent's Park, by the lake.

This time bereft of music at the bandstand ("because of the Olympics" apparently!), we dodged the goose shit, spread out our garguntuan feast (and copious quantities of booze) and had a great laugh, basking in the sunshine for hours. Bliss!







Here's something that is appropriate on all levels for both our gathering of oddballs friends, and also for this sunny hangover Sunday - Paul Anka's big band take on that Nirvana classic Smells Like Teen Spirit:


I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us!


We entertained ourselves, actually...

6 comments:

  1. It was one hell of a picnic.
    When we do it, We do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a grand day out. I haven't laughed so much in ages. It was worth the sunburn! BTW, thanks for including such a lovely photo of me, you git. I'm going to haunt you after I'm dead you know. Maybe even before. Hils x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have worn a hat. You look lovely in a hat.

      It was a hell of a Kiki! I loved it... Jx

      PS It could have been worse - you might have been photographed drinking wine out of your tits, like Sal!

      Delete
  3. Another fantabulosa landmark occasion. Such a laugh! Thank you all for a brilliant day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to the next occasion - cheers! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]