Thursday 16 August 2012

Musik, Musik, Musik



I am well overdue another dip into the range of "newer" music that has caught my ear of late (far too distracted by marabou and bugle beads, I suppose!).

So without further ado, let's open the show with the long-awaited new one from an old favourite, the outest of out-gay Swedes Bimbo Boy with his latest - Die From A Broken Heart. Fascinating (and rather touching) gay video, too...


Staying in Sweden for a moment, here's something completely different (and simply gorgeous). It's Saint LouLou - remarkably described by Paul Lester in The Guardian as sounding "like a depressed tATu", which I think is a bit harsh) - and Maybe You:



With a rather catchy song and a cute video, here's Aussie duo Sun City:


Returning to cool London, here's the (quite pleasing-on-the-eye) Kash and his remarkably 90s-electro-sounding new single Long Way From Home:


With a truly epic and surreal video, here's the electro-cool Julien-K and his magnificent new production Cruel Daze Of Summer - stunning stuff!


Rounding-off this cavalcade on a jolly note, here's someone who's been taking notes of our World Pride 2012 costume theme...

Ukrainian drag queen wannabee-diva Kamaliya (previously featured here in December, and currently supporting Steps on tour) makes a valiant effort to inject some much-needed campness into the EuroPop world with her new single Butterflies. And it is fab!


As ever, enjoy!

[And let me know your thoughts...]

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing my music video! :) From Sweden with love. //Bimbo Boy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have followed you since the days of MySpace, my dear - always happy to publicise your fabulosity! Jx

      Delete
  2. Bimbo Boy and Kamaliya are my faves of the bunch!

    Sorry for my absence in the last couple of weeks - been very busy! Fun to play a bit of catch up though, now that I have a few minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, darling, you were missed... So much to catch up on! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]