Thursday 6 January 2011

Pick of the Pops this week



After the sad couple of blogs recently (RIP Gerry Rafferty and Mick Karn), I think we are overdue a little jollying-up in this New Year.

So how about a brand new Dolores Delargo Towers "Pick of the Pops" for this first week of 2011..?

First up, a rather summery collaboration between the French DJ Antoine Clamaran and Spanish trashy club queen Soraya. Perfect for dreaming about our holiday in Spain in a month's time...


Next, one that I heard last month but is rather growing on me - the new one from Duran Duran:


Now here is a real treat - one of the BBC's lauded new talents of 2011 to look out for. Laydeez and Gentlemen, I give you the powerful tonsils of Mr James Blake!


Then of course there is this very bizarre effort from Mr Sam Sparro, who I think may have been inhaling a bit too much of that day-glo makeup...


And finally, one from the archives, yet most welcome to brighten up our day. Ex-Alcazar singer and all-round camp icon Miss (unpronounceable) Annikafiore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]