Thursday 14 February 2008

St Hallmark's Day

"Saint Valentine used to be the patron saint of lovers, now he seems to be the patron saint of card makers." Edward Stilliard

As it is apparently Valentines Day I thought this John Lydon classic might be appropriate:


I mean, what is the point of setting aside one day in the year to make childish people in lovey-dovey new relationships feel smug, people without a love in their life feel sad, and those of us with a more realistic view on life feel sick at the sight of (yet another) bunch of wilting overpriced red roses, or "cute" teddy bear with "I Wuv You" emblazoned across its slave-labour-manufactured chest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]