Wednesday 13 October 2010

Serendipity and Wham!



I studiously ignored the fact that earlier this week was something called "International Coming Out Day" - which to me sounds like (yawn) yet another American construct and and excuse for the greetings card industry to go into overdrive...

However, while skimming through the hits of the 80s (as is my wont every now and then) I rediscovered this song. And on realising that it was at number one this week in 1984 I suddenly realised that this, of all weeks, is the 26th anniversary of that tremulous moment when I did indeed "come out" - much to the astonishment (not!) of friends, fellow journalism students and (least of all) family!

Ah, serendipity...


Ah, Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]