Saturday 19 February 2011

I don't want to be respectable



"I don't want anything. I don't want a job. I don't want to be respectable. I don't want prizes. I turned down the National Institute of Arts and Letters when I was elected to it in 1976 on the grounds that I already belonged to the Diners Club."
Gore Vidal

A selection of photographs by Hedi Slimane of the great writer, orator, political pundit and wit Gore Vidal has been published.

















I have the deepest admiration for this man, and have written about him before - here and here.

These photos are stunning, and thanks to the lovely people over at The Pandorian for alerting me to them...

1 comment:

  1. A very Favorite of mine also...
    http://nopoboho.blogspot.com/2010/10/born-on-this-day-october-3rd-writer.html

    Cool Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]