Saturday 3 September 2016

Watching Bake-Off ironically?


People with an absurd sense of entitlement will no longer be able to watch BBC iPlayer for free, the broadcaster has confirmed.

The broadcaster closed the loophole, which allowed people access to billions of pounds worth of entertainment for free, after a high-level decision that those people could go fuck themselves.

Craft beer ambassador Tom Booker said: “I don’t own a television, I don’t have a television aerial on the chimney of my house, I don’t even have a house. I’m contemporary.

“So when I’m watching Bake-Off ironically on my MacBook I shouldn’t be liable for any licence fee, because what I am doing is completely different and cooler.

“YouTube’s free, and I don’t see the distinction between high-quality content by a broadcasting organisation which is the envy of the world and blurred smartphone footage of teenagers punching each other’s groins.

“Where does this end? Paying for music?”


A BBC spokesman said: “We’ve got Attenborough, you whiny bitches, so pay up.”
The Daily Mash

Of course.

6 comments:

  1. Quite right!

    I wish the Beeb had really said this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is, more and more of our treasured institutions are falling into the hands of "craft beer ambassadors" and their ilk - we are dreading what is going to happen to Gardeners' World (we have it recorded, and have yet to watch the "re-vamp")... Jx

      Delete
  2. Down with the "craft beer ambassadors" I say and bring back Lord Reith ( well someone similar )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha - so true - although I watched Strictly on catch up today and all it did was ask if I had a TV license … I hope they do more than just ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BBC will know who you are - Auntie knows everything... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]