Friday 23 November 2018

It's grey, it's grey



The day is dragging, even slower than the rest of this dank and gloomy week...

However, there's a weekend to look forward to, "our gang" has another "Film Show" gathering tomorrow (which should be sober fun - ahem), and I have managed to completely avoid this "Black Friday" nonsense.

Speaking of "black", however - let's dispense with the gloom, and Thank Disco It's Friday in the company of the uber-talented Belle Epoque!


Black is black
I want my baby back
It's grey
It's grey
Since she went a-way o - o

What can I do
'Cause I
I'm feeling blue
If I had my way
She'd be back today
But she don't intend
To see me a-gain o - o

What can I do
'Cause I
I'm feeling blue
I can't choose

It's too much to lose
My love's too strong
May be if she
Would come back to me
Then it can't go wrong

Black is black
I want my baby back
It's grey
It's grey
Since she went a-way o - o

What can I do
'Cause I
I'm feeling blue
'Cause I
I'm feeling blue


Actually, I'm not feeling blue at all.

Have a good weekend, dear reader!

6 comments:

  1. That lead singer is what Edina Monsoon would have been if her dreams of pop stardom had come through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...if Toyah Willcox were her stylist. Jx

      Delete
  2. That satin Loon Pant-suit does nothing for her thighs. Sturdy-looking is the kindest thing I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still trying to avoid the Black Friday thing.... it's been going on for a week now, surely?!!
    I love Black is Black... I used to know all the words.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an addictive song! And yes, methinks "Black Friday" is yet another excuse for shops to try and entice us into buying crap we don't want before Xmas, and the posters will still be up for ages yet... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]