Monday 12 November 2018

Bigger than life, I reckon



Monday again, dammit. The weather is all over the place (one minute sunny, the next it's apocalyptic rain), and the very last place I want to be is in the office.

Hey ho.

There's an old saying: "All good things must come to an end." Equally, some truly cheesy things also grind to a close eventually.

To prove that point, and to cheer us all up on this Tacky Music Monday - here is the very last television appearance of the eternally tacky Pan's People on Top of the Pops. Watch with amazement as the girls manage to keep that vacant gaze going one last time, as they flap about a bit to The Four Seasons...


In my dream I'm a western hero
Riding my Palomino
Silver Star, there you are, Silver Star

Got my gun and my white ten gallon
Bigger than life , I reckon
Silver Star, there you are, Silver Star

Silver Star, Silver Star
In my dream I make much dinero
Chasin' the Bandelleros
Silver Star, there you are, Silver Star

But he, he gave me a nine to five, honey
Ain't livin' but I'm alive
Sure cut me down to size
He gave me the second prize

I'm layin' it on the line, honey
I'll let it go by this time
Next time around, I'll swear
Gonna get me somewhere, somewhere

In my dream I'm a desert hero
Bigger than Valentino
Silver Star, there you are, Silver Star

Leading ladies in warm embraces
Ecstasy on their faces
Silver Star, there you are, Silver Star


It is amazing what you can do with some net, tinfoil and some pipe cleaners...

Have a good week, dear reader.

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately not to be the last we had to put up with the delights of Flick Coleby on our screens though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no - she went on for years after that: Ruby Flipper, Legs & Co, and Zoo were all her variants on the same theme. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]