Friday 28 December 2007

One’s still acting



"One went to school, one wanted to act, one started to act,and one's still acting."

Multiple Oscar and Bafta award winning actress and national treasure Dame Maggie Smith celebrates her 73rd birthday today.

Like so many theatrical queens, I love this woman, and never tire of her show-stealing performances in such classics as The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, California Suite, Evil Under The Sun, Murder By Death, Gosford Park, Room With A View and Travels With My Aunt - all favourite films of mine. With her quivering, fidgeting dottiness, she makes any film in which she appears that little bit more special.

Happy birthday, Ma'am!


Maggie Smith's illustrious career is listed on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]