Saturday 11 September 2010

I feel a shiver run up my spine



I am soooo excited about this evening's Proms in the Park! It's always a fun day, battling the hordes to get a decent spot, eating loads of picnicky food and drinking copious quantities of booze with friends, while being entertained by Sir Terry Wogan and his guests in the run-up to the serious business of the live link with the Albert Hall for the season's finalé.

The line-up is a mixed bag indeed (as is the nature of the day), but the star turn is always announced last-minute. Last year it was Barry Manilow. Imagine our joy when we discovered that this year we have none other than the magnificent composer of many a cheesy MOR standard Mr Neil Sedaka!

Here he is with one of my favourites (and, given the weather forecast, what could be the anthem for today):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]