Monday 11 July 2016

I feel like peckin' and bunny huggin'



Yesterday was the 85th birthday of that immensely talented Great Man of Showbiz, Mr Jerry Herman! He has a special place in our hearts here at Dolores Delargo Towers, being the creator of such faboo musicals as Hello Dolly!, La Cage Aux Folles, Dear World, Mack and Mabel and Mame.

On this Tacky Music Monday, to brighten up the start to another no doubt godawful week in the stuffy office, here's a song from the latter. Usually known for the version by Angela Lansbury, here's not one, but two renditions of That's How Young I Feel - first an unexpected one from Miss Ginger Rogers and her "safety gays":


...outdone and outshone (of course) by this bizarre version, featuring the combination of Miss Carol Channing and Mr Tommy Tune!


I wonder if Mr Herman's singing this to himself?

Jerry Herman (born 10th July 1931)

2 comments:

  1. Carol Channing - always good value!!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she just? And still here! I think she's on a mission to outlive Betty White... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]