Sunday 23 June 2019

Why won't you release me?


An orchid behind our wheelie bins?! A beautiful Dactylorhiza fuchsii (Common Spotted Orchid) has decided it's the perfect place to grow.

We basked in sunshine yesterday here at Dolores Delargo Towers, and this gave us a good opportunity to move pots around - moving those that have gone over out of the way, and giving prominence to the flowers that will take us through "high summer" - before our guests (Hils and Crog) arrived for a visit/"Pride outfits dress rehearsal". Some booze may well have been drunk. I'm having a bit of a lazy Sunday today...

Right on cue, we discover that the lovely (and largely disappeared from the music scene) Duffy celebrates her 35th birthday today - so any excuse to revisit an old favourite:


Aimee Anne Duffy (born 23rd June 1984)

6 comments:

  1. That is one of my favourite tunes!
    I think we are having High Summer in Devon towards the end of next week. I'll believe it when I have to open a window to cool down.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But can you do those Northern Soul dance moves?

      I've just checked the Met Office, and we're due a bit of a heatwave, it seems - the predicted mid-week temperatures of 28C have gone down a tad, but apparently next Saturday is supposed to hit 30 degrees and sunny! Jx

      Delete
  2. Sweet little orchid.It's an orchid-y sort of week for me...The Inexplicable One, this one, my swampy and there were massed orchids in the supermarket yesterday. (I wisely left them there...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also said a final farewell to the flowering stem of our Cymbidium today - it had been in full bloom since March, so it's done a magnificent job! Jx

      Delete
  3. I love Duffy, the strongest contender in the Dusty Springfield Memorial Blue Eyed Soul Derby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mention of the "Blue Eyed Soul Derby" reminds me of an episode of Spitting Image from back in 1993 (no video, unfortunately)... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]