Friday 21 February 2020

Just like a paperback novel; the kind the drugstore sells



Oh. My. Gawd. This has been a looonnnggg week...

...but it's almost over! And to celebrate that fact and get that party started, how about a double-bill from the late, great Viola Wills?

First up, a track from way back in 1992 that I first heard this week, courtesy of the lovely Ana Matronic Dance Devotion show on Radio 2:


To add to the sparkle, however, here's one of the lady's more familiar numbers, a cover of an old Gordon Lightfoot standard:


That's brought the energy levels up a bit - Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a great one, peeps!

10 comments:

  1. I need a bit of energy!
    Yes, a long cold, wet and windy week.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first week back after holiday is always the worst! The weather doesn't help. Jx

      Delete
  2. Thank you! It's been a tough week and you've made me smile, sugarpie! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Volia Mills? In the words of Ivy...what in the blood and stomach pills!!!!!

    Cheers to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, indeed - the cider is flowing as we speak! Jx

      Delete
  4. Oh this is SO good! Is that Wilmer Valderrama?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whooooooo?!

      If you mean the gif, I'm not entirely sure - it might be a clip from the Bollywood film Disco Dancer. Or it might not.

      Jx

      Delete
    2. He was in a USA tv comedy series called “That ‘70s Show.” And that IS him in the GIF. I never watched the show for more than a minute.

      Delete
    3. Flown straight over my head, too - I am not sure the show was broadcast here in the UK; according to Wikipedia there was a short-lived and equally long-forgotten British remake called Days Like These but I don't remember that either. No loss, methinks. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]