Monday 10 February 2020

Puttin' On the Ritz?


As always, Billy Porter had the best "look" of them all.

We never bother to watch the Oscars here at Dolores Delargo Towers. It's broadcast in the middle of the night in the UK, for one thing, and for another - it's just a boring load of pretentious speeches, frocks, and inevitably wrong nominees and winners. Apart from winning Best New Song for the unmemorable new one Dame Elton and Bernie Taupin wrote for the film, Rocketman didn't even receive a nomination for Best Picture nor Best Actor for Taron Egerton, which is criminal (especially considering the lashings of accolades that were heaped upon Bohemian Rhapsody last year)!

I digress. We may still be on holiday this week, but it is a Tacky Music Monday - so let's get on with the show, in the company of today's birthday boy the late, great Peter Allen, together with the very lovely Bernadette Peters.

Now this is what I call an Oscars ceremony performance!


This year's ceremony featured homophobic cunt Eminem. Say no more.

Have a good week, peeps!

4 comments:

  1. Ah.. thank you! I feel the same way about the Oscars show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing the frocks worn to the Oscars, that's about it.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even look at those this year! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]