Monday, 22 June 2026

I like big muscles and red corpuscles


Yep! Monday again.

We are shaken out of our reverie by the realisation that the old familiar - and endlessly enjoyable - routine that is called work begins once more...

Hey ho.

To take our minds off it - it would have been the 105th birthday yesterday of one of our most revered of all Hollywood vamps, Miss Jane Russell, so on this Tacky Music Monday, let us indulge in some homoerotic fantasies alongside the great lady herself, shall we?

Have a good week, dear reader. Keep cool in the heatwave, if you can...

18 comments:

  1. On of my favorite scenes of Ms Russell!!!!

    And now this post is the first one of yours to show up in a normal time!!!! I can't believe it! Even though I only have a 3 day work week before vacation calls, and it made getting up a tad easier...Monday still sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my fave scene of hers, too - I wonder what the attraction is? 😍

      Touch wood, the last couple of posts turned up fairly quickly so is it too much to hope that the Reading List is fixed? Jx

      PS Holiday, AGAIN?!!

      Delete
    2. Only certain blogs...still many others in my reader are not updating...and mine is still two days behind in blog rolls. Not sure why this is affecting certain blogs, other never affected, and yet others like mine sometimes it post right aways and then at times doesn't update at all. It is nuts. And I keep getting emails from a few wondering if I ok, lol! The concern is nice I admit, lol.

      Delete
    3. It's completely bewildering. I run two blogs (as you know), one every day and the other more intermittently - yet a post from the latter arrived in the Reading List before the one from the former, even though I had posted the daily blog first. Mind-fuck!

      Delete
  2. I love this number. I remember being “blown away” by their shorts and their positions. Very risque for the time. I love, too, knowing that she wasn’t supposed to be knocked into the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially risque when one discovers that at least one of those muscle boys was actually a gay "escort"..! Jx

      Delete
  3. Which one? Do you know him personally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed Fury did a load of - ahem - modelling work for Athletic Model Guild, where coded messages accompanied the posed photos allegedly advertising what sexual favours were available for the right price. Jx

      Delete
    2. The things I learn here. I remember the actor Ed Fury. But I just looked him up and learned he was the one who kicked Roz into the pool!

      Delete
    3. ...and was sacked after trying to claim credit for the final "choreography", allegedly. Jx

      Delete
  4. At 0.53 I did a handstand against the wall the other day just to prove to myself that I can still do it, the flashing white lights before my eyes and the pounding in my head vanished after a few seconds. The man doing the hand stand I reckon it's him, selling his arse in a public toilets for beer money, the shameless hussey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all look like shameful hussies to me! Jx

      PS Glad you didn't do yourself a mischief, Mitzi. At your age...

      Delete
  5. John Weidemann is the muscleman seen at the beginning.
    Jack Cole was the choreographer who also directed all the dance and musical numbers, and the costumers pushed the envelope with the Hays Code with those shorts.
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently (hopefully!) Mr Weidemann was a "grower-not-a-show-er".

      I imagine the bods behind the Hays Code were spinning - however, by the 1950s it was already a spent force, and many more directors were "getting away with it". Jx

      Delete
  6. We had rain yesterday - along with thunder and lightening!! It was still very hot though, and I am up early this morning.
    Are you in the red alert zone? Does that mean you have to stay home?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lot of rain overnight, too. I didn't hear any thunder (if there was any, it didn't wake me up). These "weather alerts" are simply hysteria. I ignore them, tbh. Jx

      Delete
  7. Fab, a true Camp delight and they all seem to be enjoying every moment

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]