That great herald of the end of the Summer Season, the Last Night of the Proms is upon us tonight!
A highlight of our own "Social Calendar" every year, in the absence of the fab party Proms in the Park (RIP), Madam Arcati and I are settling in at home - with enough buffet food to feed the entire battalion of Grenadier Guards - flags at the ready, to sing along to all the old favourite patriotic songs that compse the finale.
Of course, there's lots to look forward to in the full concert, including a tribute to Dolly Parton(!), and also on the bill, this [here sung by Eric Herrero; our tenor for the evening will be Nicky Spence]:
I can't wait!
I want to go to the prom!
ReplyDeleteWe've just been to it - and it was superb! Jx
DeleteI go down to the prom quite a lot, but must get my timing wrong as I've never seen any concerts. (I wonder how they all stay dry when it's a high tide?)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm looking forward to hearing about your highlights - once you've slept off all that buffet food, of course.
Ha! Much of the buffet stuff never actually got to the table. We now have a freezer full of "picky tea" food to last us a few weeks.
DeleteI'll get around to doing a post about the Proms some time later, no doubt... Jx
Always a highlight of the year.
ReplyDelete...and lives up to it, every time! Jx
DeleteDamn it I was sent to YouTube to watch and was horribly distracted by the YouTube sideboard which included Bananarama. I will be there all day now.
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, I hope you had a lovely evening!
Sx
Bananarama vs Dvořák? Now there's a mash-up I'd like to hear! Jx
DeleteGetting tickets for the Last Night was up there with getting in to Brompton Oratory on Christmas Eve!
ReplyDelete"spect you'll be dieting all week?
One very good reason for watching it at home...
DeleteWe're on a seafood diet - "see food, and we eat it!" Jx