After a tortuous two-and-a-half-hour journey to even get to the venue [the Piccadilly Line was down for "planned maintenance", our local train line was (as we only discovered when we got to the station) completely up the creek and trains cancelled, so we had to get a bus to Finsbury Park to connect with the Victoria Line, which took an hour, and that line was itself running a haphazard service so we were crammed in like sardines], we had a fun time again at our "film club" evening. We managed to watch two films, despite the delay, and I had never seen either of them - the hilariously slapstick Clue, with its great cast including Lesely-Anne Warren and the late, dearly-departed and sadly-missed Tim Curry, Madeline Khan and Eileen Brennan...
...and Barbie, with Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling! It was a surprising, clever, and brilliantly performed movie indeed, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Missing from its soundtrack, for some inexplicable reason, was Aqua's mega-hit tribute to the classic doll - and, it being Sunday, I was delighted to discover that "our house band" here at Dolores Delargo Towers had indeed done a version of it!
We love Postmodern Jukebox.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a message - I value your comments!
[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]